Whip up some of these delish pancakes for you family ASAP!! Full of flavor but not the sugary calories!! Enjoy!!
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Containers: .5Y .5R 1P
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 19 min.
Yield: 3 servings, 2 pancakes each
Nonstick cooking spray
1 medium apple, peeled, sliced
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
4 large egg whites (½ cup)
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla flavor (or Beachbody Base Shake)
¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground ginger
1 dash ground nutmeg
1. Heat medium nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-low heat.
2. Add apple and ¼ tsp. cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, or until apple is soft. Remove from heat. Set aside.
3. Combine egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine protein powder, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add applesauce mixture to oat mixture; mix until just blended.
6. Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Divide pancakes between three serving plates. Top evenly with cooked apple slices.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: