Quick, easy, and a husband favorite!
Time saving tip: make ahead large batch of BBQ chicken and freeze in individual servings to add to potatoes for quick meals!
**Barbecue Chicken Baked Sweet Potatoes**
21 Day Fix Containers: 1.5Y 1R
Total Time: 55 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 2 servings, 1 sweet potato and about ¾ cup chicken each
2 small sweet potatoes, washed, pierced several times with a fork
1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, warm
¼ cup barbecue sauce, reduced-sugar, warm
¼ cup Quick Pickled Red Onions (or 2 Tbsp. chopped red onions) (optional)
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro) (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Pierce each sweet potato 3 to 4 times with a fork. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
3. While sweet potato is baking, combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
5. Top sweet potatoes evenly Quick Pickled Red Onions and chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with parsley; serve immediately.
• Look for barbecue sauce that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
• Use Healthy Barbecue Sauce as a homemade alternative to store-bought barbecue sauce.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: