Warm up with this lighter spin on traditional chili!
Chicken and White Bean Chili
Containers: .5R 2Y
Total Time: 1 hr.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 6 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2¼ cups raw cubed chicken breast (about 12 oz.)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
2 cans (15-oz. each) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 (4-oz.) can roasted green chiles
Coarsely chopped cilantro (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add broth, beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chiles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Divide chili into 6 serving bowls; garnish with cilantro if desired.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: