Lots of fun flavors in this unique and delicious protein-rich salad!
Chicken, Apple, and Sweet Potato Salad
Containers: 1Y .5R .5B
Total Time: 2 hrs. 52 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 37 min.
Yield: 6 servings
6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. stoneground mustard
1 tsp. raw honey
6½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
8 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, sliced
1 medium apple, peeled, cored, sliced
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
1 head green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp. raw pecan pieces, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Slowly add 6 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended.
4. Place one third vinegar mixture in resealable bag. Add chicken; mix well. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture for salad dressing.
5. While chicken is marinating, combine sweet potato, apple, cinnamon, and remaining ½ tsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to blend. Place on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
6. Remove chicken from marinade; discard used marinade.
7. Place chicken on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
8. Combine lettuce, sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese, and pecans; toss gently to blend.
9. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss gently to blend.
10. Divide evenly between six serving plates.
Note: Apples can be peeled if you prefer.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: