I'm all about the fall comfort food and soups! This looks amazing!
21 Day Fix Containers: 1G 1R 1Y .5tsp
Total Time: 1 hr.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 8 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
1 medium celery stalk, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ lbs. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch strips
2 Tbsp. arrowroot (or corn starch)
3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco®)
8 oz. medium okra, sliced into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion softens.
3. Add garlic and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Add arrowroot to broth; whisk to blend.
5. Slowly whisk broth into chicken mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly. The mixture should not be lumpy.
6. Add bay leaf, thyme, pepper, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Add okra; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 additional minutes. Remove bay leaf.
8. Serve about ¾ cup over ½ cup of rice.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: