Warm up with a bowl of this yummy clam chowder!! Enjoy!!
21 Day Fix Containers: .5Y .5G .5R 1tsp
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 8 servings, approx. 1 cup each
5 tsp. olive oil, divided use
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium stalks celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme (or dried thyme leaves)
1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1½ cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1½ cups clam juice
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
2 cups chopped clams
1. Heat 2 tsp. oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey bacon and onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
3. Add celery, carrots, potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth and clam juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil for 15 minutes.
5. Heat remaining 3 tsp. oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
6. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add 1 cup of hot liquid from medium saucepan; whisk until well blended. Add this thickened mixture back to medium saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened.
8. Add almond milk and clams; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: