If you are a Nutella lover, check out this healthier hazelnut spread!!
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Containers: 1Y 1B
Total Time: 38 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
3 cups raw hazelnuts
⅔ cup chopped dark chocolate (approximately 3 to 4 oz.)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place hazelnuts on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light brown. Cool slightly.
3. If hazelnuts contain skins, place slightly cooled hazelnuts on a kitchen towel. Roll to remove as many skins as possible.
4. Place hazelnuts in a food processor (or blender); pulse until hazelnuts form hazelnut butter, about 5 to 8 minutes. Scrape sides as needed.
5. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds on 50%; stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds on 50%; stir until chocolate is completely melted. If needed, microwave for additional 30 second increments on 50%. Do not overcook. Chocolate will melt as you stir it.
6. Add chocolate, extract, and salt to hazelnut butter; pulse until creamy and well mixed.
7. Store at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
Tip: The higher the percentage of cacao in chocolate the better. Look for chocolate that is at least 70% cacao.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: