A delicious and lighter recipe for potato soup! Enjoy!!!
German Potato Soup
21 Day Fix Containers: 2G 1Y .5B/O
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 8 min.
Cooking Time: 22 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 cups shredded cabbage (about ½ head)
4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
3 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. caraway seeds
½ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
1. Heat oil in large saucepot over medium high heat.
2. Add turkey bacon, onion, leek, carrots, and cabbage; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until vegetables soften.
3. Add broth, potatoes, bay leaf, caraway seeds, pepper, salt, and nutmeg; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, maintain a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
4. Place 2 cups of soup in a blender or food processor; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until almost smooth.
5. Return blended soup to saucepot; mix well.
6. Serve each portion topped with 1 Tbsp. yogurt.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: