This chili is hot and flavorful! You can substitute the habanero pepper for a jalepeno if it's too spicy for you! Enjoy!!
Containers: .5G .5R 1Y
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
2 lbs. seitan or lean ground beef or turkey
Nonstick cooking spray
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 habanero chile, seeded and deveined, chopped (use gloves to handle)
1 tsp. ground chili powder
½ tsp. ground paprika
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
1 dash ground black pepper
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, do not drain
1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, do not drain
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. Place seitan (or beef or turkey) in food processor; pulse until it has the consistency of ground beef. Set aside.
2. Heat large skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until transluscent.
4. Add garlic, habanero, and seitan; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until seitan is golden brown.
5. Add chili powder, paprika, salt (if desired), and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 additional minutes.
6. Add black beans, kidney beans, and tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: