Dinner time! Fettuccine is a favorite at our house.
Feel free to SHARE!
Healthier Fettucine Alfredo
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 4 servings
8 oz. dry whole grain fettuccine
3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 medium cauliflower, chopped (about 1½ pounds)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Cook fettuccine according to directions on package. Before draining, reserve 2 cups of cooking water; set aside.
2. Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower. Reduce heat; cook, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until soft.
3. While cauliflower cooks, heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until garlic is soft. Remove from heat and strain.
5. Place cauliflower in blender (or food processor) with 2 cups of reserved cooking water, garlic, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Blend in two or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until very smooth. Add additional cooking water if needed.
6. Heat cauliflower mixture in same medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
7. Add almond milk; cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes. Consistency should be that of a thick soup.
8. Add fettuccine; mix well.
9. Divide fettuccine evenly between four bowls. Top evenly with cheese and parsley (if desired); serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 1/2G 2Y 1/2B 1tsp
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: