Making your own sauces to have on hand is a great way to start eating clean! You can still have your faves, and sometimes the recipes you discover are even BETTER than store bought (and better FOR you!)
Try this yummy version of BBQ Sauce! BBQ Sauce on errrryyything!!! 😍🍴
Feel free to SHARE!!
Healthy Barbecue Sauce
21 Day Fix Day Containers: 1Y
Total Time: 53 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 38 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2½ tsp. ground chili powder
¼ tsp. ground paprika
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1 cup ketchup, reduced-sugar
¼ cup raw honey
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1½ tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add ketchup, honey, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke (if desired); cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
• Look for ketchup that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of natural sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
• This barbecue sauce is best when made a day before using. It allows the flavors to meld together.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: