TACO TUESDAY!! This recipe for Healthy Fish Tacos captures all of the fresh flavors of a true Baja-style fish taco. Enjoy!!
Healthy Fish Tacos
Containers: .5G 1Y 1R
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. low-fat (1%) plain yogurt
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
3 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
1 medium tomato, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
1 medium jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, chopped (optional)
1 lb. white fish (like cod, halibut, or mahi mahi), washed, patted dry
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warm
1 cup shredded cabbage
4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
2. To make yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. To make salsa, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño (if desired), and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Season fish with salt if desired.
5. Grill or broil fish for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
6. Evenly top tortillas with fish, cabbage, and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice, and yogurt sauce; garnish with lime wedges. Serve with salsa.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: