These homemade croutons taste wonderful fresh from the oven, but they also store well in an airtight container.
Homemade Croutons with Parmesan and Herbs
Containers: 1Y 1tsp.
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about ⅓ cup each
Nonstick cooking spray
4 slices whole-grain bread, crust removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp. dried parsley (or basil, or oregano)
½ tsp. garlic powder
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided use
1. Heat oven to 300° F.
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray; set aside.
3. Combine bread, parsley, and garlic powder in a medium bowl; mix well. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
4. Spread bread mixture in an even layer on baking sheet. Top with any seasoning mixture remaining in the bowl. Lightly coat bread with spray. Sprinkle with half of cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Turn bread pieces over.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
7. Store in an air-tight container.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: