This stew has 23 grams of protein per serving, lots of fiber, is super easy and delicious! Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day dinner! Enjoy!!
Containers: 1.5G 1R 1.5Y
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 55 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tsp. olive oil
12 oz. raw leg of lamb, boneless, fat removed, cut into ¾-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
2 medium leeks, sliced
2 medium parsnips, sliced
6 cups water
2 cups low-sodium organic beef (or vegetable) broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
12 oz. Yukon gold (or Peruvian blue) potatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes
2 cups coarsely cut cabbage
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add lamb; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
3. Add onion, carrot, leeks, and parsnips; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add water, broth, bay leaf, thyme, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, covered, for 30 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and cabbage; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lamb and potatoes are tender.
6. Remove bay leaf; add parsley.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: