These chicken skewers are perfect for a BBQ this summer! The mangos add a sweet flavor everyone will love! <3
Mango Chicken Skewers
Containers: 1G 1P 1R .5tsp
Total Time: 4 hrs. 23 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 skewers each
1 tsp. finely chopped lime peel
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tsp. raw honey
2 medium mangos, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 medium red onions (or sweet onion), cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Combine lime peel, lime juice, oil, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Place chicken in glass dish. Pour half of marinade over the top; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 4 hours.
3. Stir honey into remaining marinade. Set aside.
4. Place a piece of chicken, mango, bell pepper, and onion (if desired) onto a skewer. Repeat twice, so the skewer has three pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with seven remaining skewers. Discard marinade that contained chicken.
5. Brush skewers with reserved honey marinade mixture.
6. Grill or broil skewers for 6 to 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes and brushing with honey marinade, or until mango is softened and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: