These call for tofu, but you can replace that with your favorite protein (lean ground beef, ground turkey, chicken, fish, etc.) also! Enjoy!!
Containers: 1G 1Y .5R 1.5tsp
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped, divided use
1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup assorted vegetables (like sliced mushrooms, spinach, or marinated cactus)
1 (14-oz.) package firm tofu, crumbled
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. chili powder (or chipotle seasoning, habañero seasoning, or cumin)
4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warm
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish; optional)
4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine tomato, ¼ onion, jalapeño (if desired), and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add remaining ¾ onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent.
5. Add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
6. Add tofu, garlic, and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tofu is lightly browned and vegetables are tender-crisp.
7. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice; reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
8. Top tortillas evenly with lettuce and tofu mixture.
9. Drizzle with yogurt sauce; garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve with tomato salsa.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: