Got squash from your garden to use up? TRY THIS!!!
Pad Thai with Spaghetti Squash
Containers: 2G .5Y .5R 1.5tsp
Total Time: 1 hr. 50 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Makes 6 servings
1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 lbs.)
2 Tbsp. tamarind paste (or rice wine vinegar)
2 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. raw honey
2 to 4 Tbsp. water
12 oz. extra-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
3 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO free)
8 tsp. peanut oil, divided use
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¾ cup fresh bean sprouts
4 medium green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
Crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place squash on a parchment lined baking sheet. Poke squash 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes. Cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Scrape flesh into stringy noodles. Set aside.
3. To make sauce, heat tamarind paste, fish sauce, honey and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add additional water is sauce is too tart. Set aside.
4. Coat tofu in cornstarch in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Heat a large wok (or skillet) over high heat.
6. Add 2 tsp. oil, swirling to cover surface of pan. Add tofu; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until all sides of tofu are brown. Remove tofu from pan and place on a large plate. Set aside.
7. Add 2 tsp. oil to pan; cook, over high heat, swirling to cover surface of pan. Add onions; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion are light golden brown. Remove from pan; place on plate with tofu. Set aside.
8. Add 2 tsp. oil to pan; cook, over high heat, swirling to cover surface of pan. Add eggs; cook over medium heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath, creating a very thin omelet. When eggs are set, cut them with your spatula. Remove eggs from pan and place on plate with tofu and onions. Set aside.
9. Add remaining 2 tsp. oil to pan, swirling to cover surface of pan. Add garlic; cook, over medium-high heat, for 1 minute.
10. Add spaghetti squash, spreading squash into a single layer; cook for 30 second, stir and make another single layer. Repeat this 3 to 6 times, cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until squash is warm and golden brown.
11. Add sauce; mix well.
12. Add bean sprouts and green onions; mix well.
13. Add tofu mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.
14. Transfer to a large serving platter. Top with peanuts, lime wedges, cilantro, and crushed red pepper. Serve immediately.
• If you can’t find tamarind paste you can substitute rice wine vinegar.
• Thai fish sauce is Nam Pla, but you can use another kind if you have it.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: