Try this classic Italian pasta fagioli soup made with white beans and whole wheat pasta! Enjoy!!
Pasta Fagioli Soup
21 Day Fix Containers: 1G 1Y
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
1½ cups dry whole grain small pasta (like macaroni or orzo) (4 oz)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium celery stalks, sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 (14.5-oz.) can green beans, no salt added
1 (15-oz) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
2 Tbsp. tomato paste (no sugar added)
9 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removes and chopped, stems discarded
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
5. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
6. Add green beans, white beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper if desired; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: