A healthy twist on a favorite sandwich! Enjoy these lower in fat, and fewer calorie sliders!
Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
21 Day Fix Containers: 1G 1R 1Y .5B .5tsp
Total Time: 31 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 16 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 each
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium green (or red) bell pepper, sliced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
8 oz. raw lean beef sirloin, sliced very thin
¼ cup sliced banana (or cherry) peppers (optional)
2 oz. thinly sliced provolone cheese
4 small whole wheat rolls, split, toasted
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet (or griddle) over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
3. Add mushrooms and oregano. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
4. Add sirloin; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.
5. Top evenly with banana peppers (if desired) and cheese. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Top buns evenly with meat mixture; serve immediately.
Tip: To make slicing sirloin easier, freeze it for approximately 30 minutes before slicing.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: