Try these out next time you grill!
Pork and Apple Skewers
21 Day Fix Containers: 1G 1P 1R .5B/O
Total Time: 27 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield: 2 servings, 2 skewers each
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste
2 Tbsp. all-fruit plum preserves
1 Tbsp. water
10 oz. raw pork loin, cut into 12 cubes
1 medium apple (like Braeburn), peeled, cut into 8 wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 tsp. olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Preheat grill or broiler to medium-high.
2. Combine vinegar, tomato paste, preserves, and water in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place a piece of pork, a wedge of apple, and a wedge of onion onto a skewer. Repeat, and add an additional piece of pork. Each skewer will have three pieces of pork, two pieces of apple, and two pieces of onion. Repeat with three remaining skewers.
4. Brush skewers with oil; season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Grill or broil skewers for 6 to 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
6. Brush with vinegar mixture; cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, and brushing occasionally with vinegar mixture, until pork is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: