Thanksgiving dessert countdown! Who doesn't love pumpkin pie?? Here's a healthier option for one of the most well loved pies.
Pumpkin Pie with Whole Wheat Crust
Total Time: 1 hour 25 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 min
Yield: 9 servings
Ingredients for Pie Crust:
1 cup quick-cooking old-fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup ground raw almonds
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (or raw honey)
¼ tsp. sea salt
3 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. water
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie:
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup (or raw honey)
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. sea salt
⅔ cup evaporated nonfat milk
For Pie Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Combine oats, flour, almonds, maple syrup, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; mix well.
3. Add oil to oat mixture; mix well. If needed, add water to hold mixture together.
4. Press into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown.
1. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
2. Combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; mix well.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and milk; mix until just blended.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie crust. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: