Make up a batch of the Salsa Chicken below, place on top of a bed of lettuce and tomatoes and top with my favorite protein packed homemade Ranch dressing for a delicious salad! Recipes below! Enjoy!!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
5-6 Frozen Chicken Breasts
2 16-ounce Jars Salsa
2 15-ounce Cans Black Beans (rinsed, drained)
16 ounces Frozen Corn
1 TBS Taco Seasoning
1-2 TBS Tapatio Hot Sauce
1. Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
2. Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot (enough to cover bottom)
3. Pour salsa, black beans, and corn on top of the chicken breast.
4. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
5. Add 1-2 TBS Tapatio hot sauce and stir mixture.
6. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
7. Take chicken out of the bottom of the crock pot and shred with a fork OR (my fave way) in a Kitchen Aide with the paddle attachment (see tutorial here: https://youtu.be/xiQk3q9unbI )
8. Mix chicken back into the beans/corn/salsa/ mixture.
9. Serve with sour cream and chips, OR on a tortilla shell with cheese-lettuce-greek yogurt- and all the fixings, OR between 2 tortilla shells as a quesadilla, OR over a bed of rice, OR over a bed of lettuce as a salad!!!! SO MANY OPTIONS!! See why we love it so much?!
Homemade Ranch Dressing (Protein packed and 21 Day fix approved!!)
(From http://thefoodieandthefix.com/21-day-fix-ranch-dip/ )
Yield: 2 servings as a dip; 4 servings as a dressing (makes about 3/4 cup total)
Serving Size: 6 tbs for a dip; 3 tbs for a dressing
Calories per serving: Dip: 62 calories; Dressing: 31 calories
Fat per serving: Dip: 1 gram of fat; Dressing: 0.5 grams
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 tbs 1% or 0% Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tbs (2 1/2 tbs if you want to use this as a dressing) low-fat milk, skim milk or unsweetened plain almond milk
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp dried dill
1 1/2 tbs green onion, minced
1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
a pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
1. In a blender, add in the first 7 ingredients (through dill) and blend away until the mixture is SUPER smooth.
2. Pour into whatever container you're going to keep your ranch in (it should last a good 5 days in the fridge). Stir in the minced green onion and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Yum!
Container Equivalents: This recipe is a RED, count it as you would cottage cheese or greek yogurt. If you use half of a red container, count it as half of a red. If you use a quarter of a red container, count it as 1/4 red.
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: