This fresh, vibrantly flavored salsa verde is great on everything from tacos, burgers, and fish to baked potatoes and omelets. Enjoy!!
21 Day Fix Containers: .5G
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 25 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 8 servings, about ¼ cup each
1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed, washed, coarsely chopped
¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
½ medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
1 medium jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1. Place tomatillos, cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender; cover. Blend until slightly chunky.
2. Add lime juice and salt; blend to desired consistency.
• If salsa has too much liquid, it’s okay to remove some. You can add this flavorful liquid to guacamole, taco meat, or scrambled eggs.
• For a spicier salsa add 1 to 2 additional jalapenos.
• For a roasted salsa, cut tomatillos (with husks removed) in half, place them cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° F. for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Place roasted tomatillos in blender with other ingredients as listed above.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: