A family favorite revamped with more beef!! Enjoy!!
Skinny Beef Stroganoff
Containers: .5G 1Y 1R .5tsp
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 41 mins
Total time: 56 mins
Serves: 6 servings, approx. 1½ cups each
3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
1½ lbs. extra lean beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, chopped
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
4 cups low sodium organic beef broth
¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
3 oz. dry whole wheat egg noodles
½ cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
2. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
6. Add remaining 1 tsp. oil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
7. Add flour; cook, stirring frequently, until onion mixture is evenly coated.
8. Add broth slowly, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Add egg noodles. Mix well and cover with liquid; cover. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Remove from heat.
10. Add yogurt; mix well.
11. Serve garnished with parsley.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: