This recipe is a perfect recipe to share with your friends at a brunch type event! You can even make it the night before and pop it in the oven to make room for other preparations the day of! Enjoy!!
Spinach and Broccoli Strata
Containers: 1G 1Y .5R .5B 1tsp
Total Time: 1 hr. 7 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 53 min.
Yield: 8 servings
4 cupsbroccoli florets
4 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
2 cups raw spinach, chopped
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
8 slices low-sodium sprouted whole grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (about 1½ oz.)
1. Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place broccoli in steamer basket; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp and bright green. Place in ice water bath to stop cooking process. Drain and coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350º F.
3. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
6. Combine eggs, milk, spinach, salt, pepper, broccoli, and onion mixture in a large bowl; mix well.
7. Place bread and cheese in 3-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with spray.
8. Top with egg mixture. Press down gently so that bread absorbs egg mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
9. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until strata has puffed up, is cooked through, and is lightly browned on top.
Tip: Strata can be covered and refrigerated overnight before baking. (This may increase baking time.) This works well if you are serving it for brunch.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: