Steak Tacos with Red Peppers and Onions
21 Day Fix Containers: 1G 1Y .5R 1B/O
Total Time: 28 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 13 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
1 lb. raw beef flank (or round) steak
1 tsp. chili powder
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (or Italian parsley)
1. Rub steak with chili powder and salt and pepper (if desired).
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add steak; cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
4. Cover steak with aluminum foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat.
6. Cut steak against the grain into thin slices.
7. Top tortillas evenly with beef, onion mixture, and lime juice; garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve immediately.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: