Dinner time! Comfort food at it's finest!!
Three Cheese Macaroni Casserole
Containers: .5G 2Y 1B
Total Time: 1 hr. 18 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 58 min.
Yield: 10 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 lb. dry whole wheat macaroni (or penne pasta)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion, bell peppers, and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
6. Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl; mix well.
7. Add macaroni, onion mixture, and basil; mix well.
8. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well.
9. Place macaroni mixture in a 13 x 9-inch ceramic (or glass baking dish) that has been coated with spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: