Enjoy this nutrient dense dinner this coming week!!
Turkey and Wild Rice Bowl
Containers: 1G 2.5Y .5R 1tsp
Total Time: 1 hour 5 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 3 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup dry wild rice
½ cup dry long-grain brown rice
3 cups sliced mushrooms (like button, crimini, or portobello)
1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
3 cups reduced-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
6 oz. cooked turkey breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
½ cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
Cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, wild rice, and brown rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
3. Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil; cover tightly. Reduce heat to low and gently boil for 40 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and turkey, stir; gently boil for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Add cayenne if desired.
7. Portion into three serving bowls; garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: