This Buddha Bowl has a little bit of everything! Enjoy!!
Vegan Buddha Bowl with Spring Vegetables
Portion Fix Containers: 2G 2Y 1O 2.5tsp
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. water
½ tsp. ground turmeric
½ tsp. pure maple syrup
¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
2 cups 2-inch asparagus pieces
2 cups sliced zucchini
2 cups cooked quinoa (or cooked brown rice)
2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
2 cups raw baby spinach
2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
2 Tbsp. sesame (or black sesame) seeds
1 cup fresh sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. To make dressing, place tahini, lemon juice, water, turmeric, maple syrup, hot pepper sauce (if desired), salt, and pepper in food processor (or blender); cover. Pulse to blend.
4. Slowly add 2 Tbsp. oil as food processor is running. Process until smooth and well blended. Set aside.
5. Place asparagus and zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tsp. oil; mix well. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until tender-crisp. Cool.
6. Divide quinoa, chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds evenly between four bowls.
7. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
8. Garnish with sprouts.
Use your favorite fresh sprouts to add texture to this recipe. You can try alfalfa, mung bean, sunflower, lentil or onion spouts. Radish sprouts will add a little more spice to this bowl. Make sure your sprouts are really fresh.
Use canned chickpeas, but make sure you drain and rinse well.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the FREE Clean Eating Challenge today!
Get started today, Join the community here: