This recipe brings a kick to your average chicken and rice dish. Awesome flavors! Enjoy!!
Zesty Chicken with Brown Rice
Containers: 1G 1R 1Y 1tsp.
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 55 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
1 cup dry brown rice
2 cups water
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 medium celery stalks, chopped
1 lb. raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch strips
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (14.5-oz.) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
½ cup all-natural chili sauce
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until rice starts to crackle.
3. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, covered. Reduce heat; cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and fluffy.
4. While rice is cooking, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add chicken and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
7. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, chili sauce, basil, parsley, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, covered, for 10 minutes.
8. Divide rice between four serving plates; top evenly with chicken mixture.
(Recipe from Team Beachbody Blog)
Enter below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Challenge!
Enter your name, email address, and why you want to do the challenge or what your eating goals are!
Join the Lead a Happy Life FREE 14 Day CHALLENGE!
Get started today, Join the community here: